Ian Watts gained his PhD in 1998 from the University of London with a thesis on the southern African Middle Stone Age ochre record and modern human origins. In addition to his archaeological work on ochre and pigment use, Ian has published widely on African hunter-gatherer cosmology and gender ritual. He is currently completing his analysis of the ochre record at Blombos Cave, South Africa.
- The Human Symbolic Revolution A Darwinian Account (Text Version)
- The Human Symbolic Revolution A Darwinian Account (Publication Version)
- The Woman With The Zebra's Penis Gender, Mutability And Performance
- First Gender, Wrong Sex
- “Time, Too, Grows On The Moon”: Some Evidence For Knight’S Theory Of A Human Universal
- The Seasonality Thermostat: Female Reproductive Synchrony And Male Behavior In Monkeys, Neanderthals, And Modern Humans